I ran across a lady in our church. She is a dedicated Christian. She looks pale on her face. She asked for a good food sources that contains iron. I emailed her a couple of option foods that are rich of iron. I think she has anemia but it doesn’t happen on a normal woman. She told me she has uterine fibroids. The uterine fibroids cause her bleeding. I’ll introduce what are uterine fibroids briefly.
There are various factors that underlie the real cause of uterine fibroids. There are primary causes that contribute to the development of the fibroids in the uterus, and then there are secondary causes that contribute to the aggravation of these present fibroids. There might even be external factors like, emotional upheavals, which disrupt the normal balance of the body and make you vulnerable to such diseases.
Cause Of Uterine Fibroids
Some of the primary factors that can be said to be the real causes of uterine fibroids are listed below:
1. Genetic Predisposition– The genetic construction in certain women makes them predisposed to abnormal metabolic cell activity. Women suffering from dysfunctional metabolisms are therefore more susceptible to conditions like uterine fibroids than others. Fortunately, such genetic predisposition can be changed. Genetic research shows that genetic constructions can be altered and influenced to one’s advantage. By taking control of the internal and external environments that affect your body, you can reform your actual genetic tendencies and thereby overcome the disease.
2. Poor Dietary Practices- A healthy, complete diet is essential for a fit and active life. This is especially vital for women, as the slightest negligence can greatly affect the body’s internal balance. Thus, low intake of fruits and vegetables and excessive intake of refined carbohydrates and toxic foods create problems like hormonal imbalance, lowered immunity and poor digestion. Under such conditions, uterine fibroids can develop more easily.
3. Weakened Immune System– Poor diet, inadequate rest, stress, toxic accumulation, excessive use of medications- all contribute in lowering the immunity of the body. This makes the body highly vulnerable to the condition as the body cannot work towards balancing the hormones or eliminating the toxic waste within the body.
4. Accumulation of Toxins – In our daily life, we are constantly exposed to toxins- in the food we eat, the water we drink or even the air we breathe. This leads to the accretion of toxins in our blood, lymph, kidneys and colon. These toxins then cause ovary damage, infertility and dysfunctional hormones. Some environmental toxins can even lower one’s progesterone levels. All of these factors greatly increase the body’s susceptibility and make one prone to uterine fibroids.
5. Insulin Resistance– When the cells in one’s body are less responsive towards the insulin hormone, insulin resistance is caused. This negatively impacts the insulin dependent mechanisms in the body. To counter the impassivity of the cells, the pancreas starts producing more and more insulin. Chronically high levels of insulin in the body cause production of male hormones like testosterone and thus stimulate the development of uterine fibroids.
6. Hormones– Uterine fibroids have been known to thrive on hormones like estrogen and progesterone. In fact, the fibroids contain higher levels of estrogen than their surroundings. During pregnancy and menstruation, estrogen levels are at their highest. This is usually the time when the fibroid condition is at its worst. A lot of women have discovered that upon reaching menopause, the fibroids shrink, or sometimes, even disappear.
A Clinic Trial Article as follow:
Shrink fibroids by 33 percent with soothing tea
December 19, 2013 • Dr. Micozzi
Each month, millions of women go to their gynecologists complaining of excessive bleeding, cramping, and pain. Their gynecologists have been more than happy to cut out the problem–literally. And they’ve made small fortunes performing hysterectomies (removal of the uterus). But you don’t have to go to such drastic lengths to experience significant relief. You just need to try out two safe, natural, and effective treatments. And I’ll tell you all about those in a moment. But first, a little background.
More than half of all women ages 35 to 49 have uterine fibroids, or leiomyomata. These benign tumors feed off estrogen. And they grow on the smooth muscle walls of the uterus. Although they do not turn cancerous, they do cause a lot of problems. Including acute and chronic pelvic pain, excessive vaginal bleeding, anemia, infertility, miscarriage, and painful intercourse. The fibroids generally get better once a woman passes through menopause, but waiting for that to happen can feel miserable.
Unfortunately, no effective medical treatment exists for the disease. So many gynecologists now perform a uterine ablation (removal of the uterine lining) to ease the problem. But these procedures have mixed results.
Which is why, as I mentioned above, many doctors still take the direct route to remove the uterus altogether. In fact, the United States has the highest rate of hysterectomy in the industrialized world, with gynecologists performing 600,000 of them each year! And there are roughly 20 million women now living in the U.S. who’ve had a hysterectomy. So, you see, the old motto from my surgical rotation still holds true…when in doubt, take it out.
But some experts argue that up to 90 percent of all hysterectomies are not medically necessary. And I completely agree. Especially since two safe, natural, and effective treatments can significantly help.
First off, have your vitamin D levels checked.
Earlier this year I told you about a great study that looked at women with fibroids and their vitamin D levels. They found that women who had vitamin D levels above 20 ng/mL had a one-third lower rate of fibroid tumors. Also, the researchers found that women exposed to sunlight for just one hour per day had a 40 percent reduction in the rate of fibroid tumors.
So, if you have fibroid tumors, make sure to spend more time in the sun. Of course, at this time of the year, no one who lives north of Atlanta gets enough vitamin D from the sun alone. You also need a vitamin D supplement. Many experts now recommend taking up to 5,000 IU of vitamin D each day.
This dosage should definitely help alleviate fibroid symptoms. And it will also help protect you against a slew of other problems. Including osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, high blood pressure, and cancer.
In addition to vitamin D, every woman with fibroid tumors should drink green tea. Or take a green tea supplement.
We already know that drinking green tea helps regulate your immune system. It tames unwanted immune response. It also thwarts the proliferation of rogue cells. And acts as an antioxidant. This is why green tea appears so protective against cancer.
Knowing this, Egyptian researchers recently decided to try green tea therapy on women with uterine fibroid tumors. For the study, they recruited pre-menopausal women 19 years or older who had at least moderately severe fibroids.
At the study’s outset, the women underwent ultrasound studies to assess the number and size of their tumors. Then, the researchers randomly divided the women into two groups. The first group took 800 mg of green tea extract each day for four months. The extract contained 45 percent epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), the active ingredient in green tea. The other group received a placebo each day for four months.
After 4 months, the women received another ultrasound. The women in the green tea group reduced the size of their tumors by an average of 32.6 percent. On the other hand, the placebo group tumors increased in size by an average of 24.2 percent.
The green tea group of women also experienced significant improvements in their menstrual bleeding pattern. Their average blood loss decreased. And they increased their red blood cell count. Not surprisingly, their overall quality of life measures also improved.
The researchers attribute these fantastic results to two things. First, they say EGCG inhibits tumor cell proliferation. In other words, it stops the spread of tumor cells. Second, they say EGCG induces “apoptosis” (programmed cell death) in tumors This means it causes the tumor cells to die off.
As I mentioned earlier, this also explains why green tea protects you against cancer. It stops the spread and growth of cancer cells.
In the study, the women took supplements that contained 800 mg of green tea extract with 45 percent EGCG to reduce their fibroids. You can always just drink the tea, if you prefer. But one cup of green tea contains, roughly, 25 to 60 mg of EGCG. So, you’d have to drink nearly 10 cups of green tea each day to get the same benefits. Taking the green tea extract may be the simpler route if you suffer from fibroids.
- American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology Feb 2013; 208: 137 e 131-113.
- Epidemiology 2013; 24: 447-453.
- The Boston Women’s Health Book Collective. Our Bodies, Ourselves: A New Edition For A New Era. New York: Touchstone, 2005.
- “Treatment of symptomatic uterine fibroids with green tea extract: a pilot randomized controlled clinical study,” Int J Womens Health 2013; 5: 477–486.
Essentials, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Proflavanol C100, Drink 8-10 cups of green tea every day.A balanced and right ratio of supplementation is essential to our body. Listen and watch and interactive with your body is important when you are taking supplements. Be patient and see the improvement of your health.